Saturday, July 10, 2010

Original Art - Secret Weapons #5 cover

I have never been a big fan of the Secret Weapons series and particularly remember the cover of #5 because it always felt messy and busy to me. Nevertheless, I think it's interesting to have a look at the original art for the cover which I've just found on eBay. Check it out.


Now compare it to the printed version.


While the black and white ink art is still cluttered it is much better than the printed version. The extra art behind the logo and price box balance the composition. I do like how the black and white art really gives the Ninja a Frank Miller art feel. This cover was penciled by Joe St.Pierre and inked by Joe Rubinstein. It features one of the early appearances of Ninjak as well as an appearance by Geoff the Geomancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment