Sunday, September 26, 2010

Custom Figures - Various at FigureRealm.com

Found a cool website called FigureRealm.com that has a page devoted to custom Valiant Comics figures that I wanted to share here. Each figure is accompanied by some comments by the creator.

BLOODSHOT
Creator: loosecollector
Base Figure: Mls
Height: 6.00 inches



More Valiant love! Every comic company needs a Punisher-type hero. He plays the part well. He has the following parts:

Samurai Wolvie head
TNA torso & arms
Madman hands
Deathlock crotch
Guile legs

ETERNAL WARRIOR
Creator: loosecollector
Base Figure: Longshot
Height: 6.00 inches



Do you want to live forever? Like a lot of people, I don't... but this poor guy doesn't have a choice. So he just decided to spend it kicking @$$. He was made from a Longshot figure with a DCUC fist and a Madman grasping hand. Pretty straightforward custom and was fun to make. Hope you like him bros! God bless.

SHADOWMAN
Creator: loosecollector
Base Figure: Mls
Height: 6.00 inches



Following X-O and Solar, here’s our third Valiant character! The guy who wasn’t supposed to die until 1999… Jack Boniface AKA Shadowman! This guy is one of Valiant comic’s most popular characters. He was made from a Madman head on a Bullseye body. Everything else was sculpted detail. Hope you like him guys! God bless.

X-O MANOWAR
Creator: loosecollector
Base Figure: Scim
Height: 6.00 inches





This guy was made using a Silver Centurion Ironman. That figure has issues with his arms. They're waaaay too long. It could EASILY touch his knees with them. A lot of work went in making ol' Aric here. Shortened the arms, modified the gloves & boots, sculpted the armour and a special paint-job to achieve the "look" you see here. It was tedious and fun at the same time. Hope you enjoy him as much as I did making him.

SOLAR, MAN OF THE ATOM
Creator: loosecollector
Base Figure: Mls
Height: 6.00 inches




This one goes to Australia along with other Valiant heroes lined-up. Was almost tempted to use the usual Cyclops head on a Daredevil body for him, but we opted to use the following recipe instead: Cap Marvel head-torso-arms, Iceman hands and Falcon legs. Gives a more accurate "look" to him. His chest logo was sculpted-on too. Hope you like him guys! God bless.
So far the figures have all been made by a designer who uses the handle loosecollector. Here is one more image of his figures and then we'll get on to figures by some other designers


NINJAK
Creator: RandysActionFigures
Base Figure: Quick Silver
Height: 6.00 inches



This is Ninjak, a character from the Valiant Comics publishers. I used a quick silver as the base figure and totally resculpt on top of the head, changing his hair style and adding the sweatband. The arms had his trade mark armor added to them and a sweet Sword tucked in his belt that I scavenged from some McFarlane chick with six arms. I made his tunic from cotton as well as his face mask!

X-O MANOWAR
Creator: parsath
Base Figure: Wonder Man
Height: 6.00 inches




This next custom is a collaborative effort between myself and vp. He did a great job sculpting and putting parts together. It was made from a wonderman base, hands from avalanche, and legs from iron man. I tried my hand a metallic paints via the airbrush and used gold leaf as a base, then used clear yellow, and a touch of clear orange for the armor. For the blue portion, I used the old silver base with clear smoke blue and then regular blue. My wife made the x portion and I added a clear piece of vinyl over his helmet to complete the look. Thanks vp for letting me paint it!

SHADOWMAN
Creator: fastfreddie 
Base Figure: Legendary Heroes Madman
Height: 6.25 inches



Yes, I know the ponytail is a bit long for this character, but I am no expert on the precise length of Shadowman's ponytail. Besides that, I would rather have gotten it a bit long than too short(it's hard to grow rubber hair...lol!). The owner can trim it to the correct length. I sanded the chest lines off, cut the hair down in the front, cut the mask ouf of vinyl, sclupted the tops of the boots, sprayed it blue with krylon fusion, drybrushed it, hand painted the chest logo and airbrushed a little shading on him and sealed it with krylon uv resistant sealer and then testor's dullcote.

DOCTOR MIRAGE
Creator: parsath
Base Figure: Marvel Legends Angel and Xorn
Height: 6.00 inches


I wasn't happy with the eyes and the color of the face so I redid it. I made the eyes smaller, added some color to the outer portions of the face and highlighted the lips. I think it turned out better this time around

STING a.k.a. PETE STANCHEK
Creator: parsath
Base Figure: ML Bruce Banner
Height: 6.00 inches



I was looking for a good base when I stumbled upon a Bruce Banner figure. I cut the lab coat and added a gloss black coat to it, painted the pants blue,the shirt red, added the iconic harbinger symbol, and changed his eyes from green to brown.

RAI
Creator: parsath
Base Figure: SOTA Fei Long
Height: 6.00 inches


On past figures with white skin, I have had trouble making the skin look smooth. This time I used an airbrush and it turned out nicely. I used a Fei Long base with a Professor X head, then tried my hand at making circles freehand.

MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER
Creator: parsath
Base Figure: DCUC Aquaman
Height: 6.00 inches


Here is my latest rendition of Magnus Robot Fighter from the Valiant Universe. I used an Aquaman from the DCUC Line, Air brushed the skin, repainted the costume and added a cape to finish off his Battle Tunic ( don't call it a skirt!

X-O MANOWAR
Creator: parsath
Base Figure: Colossus / Omega Red
Height: 6.00 inches


Here is my rendition of Valiant Universe Hero X-O Manowar. I tried making the Bart Sears version using a ML Colossus from the waist up and Omega Red from the waist down. The top portion was sculpted using Apoxie sculpt. The base color was silver with multiple coats of clear blue and clear yellow. I added highlights using gunmetal.

No comments:

Post a Comment