Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mags - Up'n Coming #50

I've never heard of Up'n Coming magazine (and frankly it has a terrible name) but I like that they decided that the best way to celebrate their 50th issue was to feature X-O Manowar on the cover.


I know I've seen this image by Bart Sears before but I can't place it. It may have been from a promotional poster for BirthQuake.  I'll update the post when I remember where it's from.

UPDATE: Terry Hoknes kindly provided the following background on Up'n Coming magazine: "was a catalogue put out by distributor Styx Publications for distribution for Canadian comic book stores. It ran from 1991 to about 1996. They advertised the hot new release of the month and Valiant got lots of press"

2 comments:

  1. Up'n Coming! This was a catalogue put out by distributor Styx Publications for distribution for Canadian comic book stores. It ran from 1991 to about 1996. They advertised the hot new release of the month and Valiant got lots of press back at its peak. I used to have all of the Up N Coming catalogs from about 1992-1994.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bough this catalog each month at my local comic shops the same way all comic shops now carry Diamond Previews catalog. Every Valiant comic from 1991 to 1996 had its individual listing of basic plot, and usually a black and white cover image. Valiant may have made the cover of Up N Coming more than just this one time. I dont have the catalogs any more. The only seller that might have them is Doug Sulipa comic world at www.dougcomicworld.com

    ReplyDelete