Friday, July 9, 2010

Page 1 - Rai #0

Once again I'm starting a new series. One of the things I love about Valiant comics is the visual storytelling. A lot of Valiant books will start with splash page (a full page of art instead of a series of panels). These are called page one splashes. I love them because they are so encompassing that it doesn't matter what is going on in your life, once you open the comic to that page one splash you are drawn into the story. I'm going to spotlight my favorites in this series and we're going to start with the one from Rai #0 (why not start with one of the very best!).


It beautifully drawn page by David Lapham features the first appearance of Bloodshot. How can you not be interested in the story once you see this page. You have to think what is happening to that man? Why is there a red circle on his chest? And why is there a kid in this high tech facility?

No comments:

Post a Comment