Thursday, October 21, 2010

Valiant Market - UNITY #0 page 8 original art

Occasionally, I'm going to make a post about a recent sale that is of interest. I'm going to refrain from doing too many because I don't want this blog to get caught up in the prices Valiant books are fetching in the back market or for anything said here to effect price speculation. With that said, I was surprised and happy to see that the recent auction of an original art page from the seminal UNITY issue #0 by Barry Windsor-Smith and Bob Layton sold on eBay for $836.77 (plus $10 shipping).


It's rare for a Barry Windsor-Smith Valiant page to hit the market let alone one of the 16 pages that make up UNITY #0. This page was clean and prominently featured Solar: Man of the Atom so I expected big bucks but $800+ was slightly beyond my most optimistic guesses. It's nice to see that the market for key Valiant art is so healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment